[VA] SRC #012a - Then and Now: Probability
10-14-2022, 07:35 AM
RE: [VA] SRC #012a - Then and Now: Probability
(10-13-2022 11:27 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  
Vincent Weber Wrote:Before posting my code in another thread, let me try to remember how to convert a recursive algorithm into an iterative one

[...]
As a general remark, I'm somewhat mystified that no RPL solutions have been posted or even discussed so far. I know that writing RPL code adds an enormous layer of sheer incomprehensibleness to the task but still ... Smile

Hi Valentin,

Unfortunately I have to renounce making an interative solution for the vanilla 17B/27S. I realize that this would require full indirect addressing of registers. By full I mean read and write. But the HP solver only allows reading values of a list indirectly (with ITEM[I]), not writing them (the L(ITEM[I] :X) construct, while straightforward, is illegal). Why HP didn't allow this, which would have brought their powerful and elegant solver language to Turing-compatibility level to solve any kind of problems, is beyond me...

Of course Plus42 allows this construct, but is out of the competition, so I renounce this.

But I might try to implement my recursive algorithm in RPL and see how it performs Smile

Best regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] SRC #012a - Then and Now: Probability - Vincent Weber - 10-14-2022 07:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)