[VA] SRC #012a - Then and Now: Probability
10-17-2022, 06:01 PM
RE: [VA] SRC #012a - Then and Now: Probability
Dave Britten Wrote:Darn, I was hoping your mention of "which is a short program capable of quickly solving the generic problem" meant you had a clever multinomial approach that could solve the problem in mere seconds on an HP 67. Wink

Sarcastic much, are we ?

Sorry to disillusion you, but quoting myself:

Valentin Albillo Wrote:[...] let's not overhype my abilities lest disillusionment ensues, ok ?

Too bad you didn't read it.

Dave Britten Wrote:Sharp PC-1403H version of Valentin's 71B program (I didn't really have to change much, aside from minor syntactic/keyword differences) [...] This model takes about 4 hours to run for the 30, 60 case [...]

Thanks for taking the trouble to key in my program into the PC-1403H, appreciated. That model is slow as molasses and the fact that you had to use FOR..NEXT loops to clear and copy matrices at each of the 60 steps slows down the program even further.

I would be curious to know how long does it take Mr. Chan's fastest non-symmetric (general) program to run the (30, 60) case in: (a) The 1403H, and (b) a physical HP-71B, if you'd obligue.

V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] SRC #012a - Then and Now: Probability - Valentin Albillo - 10-17-2022 06:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)