HP48G Connectivity Method in 2022
09-18-2022, 11:28 AM
RE: HP48G Connectivity Method in 2022---Ongoing
Firstly, thank you all. With a bit of patience, tedium and time, I've got the connectivity working.
The youtube video by 'Teknovo uno' was essential in leading me through all the tedium of Windows Compatibility Mode, Running as Administrator, etc....

I can now connect to the calculator and see all objects there.

HOWEVER, in attempting a Backup of the calculator, a number of curious things happen:

1. The HP48 shows 'EXECTUTE COMMAND' AND 'EVAL STOP' in the display.
2. The Conn software seems delayed for a bit - in the 'Copying' window.
3. The connectivity returns a 'Connectin Error. Please check your connections.' window.
4, There is a new object in the HOME directory of the HP48 shown on the screen: '<<fLaG'
5. The Connectivity software is locked up . The HP48 is still in Xmodem Server state.
6. One must quit the connectivity software.
7. Restarting the connectivity software usually works, but sometimes reset the COM port selection. The connectivity software is sluggish in listing the available COM ports.

So, at least I can do some connectivity, it would be nice if I could do a 'Backup'. I'll further test with other machines.

Thank you again for your attention and assistance,
TomC
ps: The contents of that '<<fLaG' object is:
%%HP: T(3)A(D)F(.);
\<< 'fLaG' PURGE { # 18016073546728432d # 0d } STOF
\>>
(this must be a temp variable the Conn software uses and did not get purged as the process was terminated prematurely)
===========================================================
(09-17-2022 04:06 PM)TomC Wrote:  DavidM:

Thanks very much - I'll try that later today!!

TomC

(09-17-2022 03:48 PM)DavidM Wrote:  You may want to try this one instead. It appears to be a later version.

Hopefully you've already installed the drivers successfully (they are not included with the Connectivity Kit). Later versions of Windows (I think starting with Win10) won't allow unsigned drivers to be installed unless you jump through the hoops to turn off that feature. You can turn that feature back on after the installation is complete, of course.

Edit: this thread has more information on installing the drivers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP48G Connectivity Method in 2022 - TomC - 09-16-2022, 03:22 PM
RE: HP48G Connectivity Method in 2022---Ongoing - TomC - 09-18-2022 11:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)