DM32 Prototype Unboxing and Introduction (HP 32Sii upgrade)
09-20-2022, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2022 06:44 PM by Joe Horn.)
RE: DM32 Prototype Unboxing and Introduction (HP 32Sii upgrade)
(09-20-2022 12:25 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  So for fractions, it is confirmed that flag 9 (which was flawed in v1 ROM) works as expected in v2 ROM? see Craig Finseth page for v1 bugs description :
http://www.finseth.com/hpdata/hp32sii.php

Yes, flags 8 and 9 work in the DM32 as on the debugged HP 32SII... at least insofar as all beta testing to date has been able to confirm. I can say this with confidence since I was the guy who first discovered the flag 9 bug in the original 32SII.

(09-20-2022 12:35 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  Many thanks Bob, I just don't get the "not done yet" as previously you say that it is been toroughly tested?

We DM32 beta testers have tested the fraction features in every way we have been able to invent, so in that sense the testing has been thorough. However, the DM32 is still in development, and as you know, modifying firmware always has the potential of introducing new bugs. Therefore, bug hunting will continue not only during this beta phase, but even after product introduction, since the firmware is flashable, which makes post-introduction upgrades a possibility. Even if there are no bugs at all today, new ones might appear tomorrow.

All of which is a long way of saying that the fraction code has been tested thoroughly but we're not done yet. Wink

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DM32 Prototype Unboxing and Introduction (HP 32Sii upgrade) - Joe Horn - 09-20-2022 06:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)