[VA] 3rd Anniversary of my HP site
10-13-2022, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2022 06:03 PM by pier4r.)
RE: [VA] 3rd Anniversary of my HP site
(10-12-2022 11:01 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  Let's hope that your insight comes true, but I fear that, though my materials are on-line, there's just so many HP-calc-related materials already available on the internet (surely Terabytes: the various USB pendrives by Jake, Eric and others, plus torrents by you and others, plus a myriad websites full of items) that finding my 1.5 Gb is like finding the proverbial needle in a haystack.

If I am not wrong, having the USB from the museum, the one from http://www.pahhc.org/ppccdrom.htm , several torrents and my collection, we are all well under 100 GB (if one excludes the video presentations from the HHC. Thank you Eric!)

Further if the content is reachable and readable by engines (namely: pdf are freely available and there is no login wall), first comes before torrents and usb material, because those aren't reachable. Thus the competition goes down to maybe 10 gigabyte.

Second if the content is parseable, then the quality will surface. There are plenty of websites dedicated to HP and others calculators (also mechanical), despite me trying to making a list here (additions and help are welcome! And I see I can add something that is mentioned in this very thread), I am far from knowing them all (or their content) and sometimes I am amazed that I find some sites through search engines while not searching specifically for "calculator" things.

For example I remember in the past I was trying to search something related to early computers, and I landed on the hp35 website. This because the "cordic" approach was not used only on the hp35.

Thus I am positive that for those curious about such things, they will find your content too.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] 3rd Anniversary of my HP site - pier4r - 10-13-2022 06:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)