[VA] 3rd Anniversary of my HP site
10-13-2022, 10:07 PM
RE: [VA] 3rd Anniversary of my HP site
(10-13-2022 06:26 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  There's a lot of cool stuff there that I've enjoyed reading over the years. I'm grateful that it's been archived rather than lost to the ages.

Thanks for your interest, it's an enormous amount of job to scan, process and upload these materials but I couldn't stand the idea of they getting lost forever if I could help it, and with Eric Rechlin's invaluable help it seems their chances at preservation are improving.

Quote:Am I remembering correctly that there was a backlog of some additional Sharp programs/materials still waiting? Not sure if that was something that got uploaded already and I just missed it. My newly-restored CE-122 printer for my PC-1211 could use a bit more to chew on. Smile

You're remembering correctly, a batch of some 64 programs I wrote circa 1980 for the groundbreaking SHARP PC-1211 aka TRS-80 PC-1 is awaiting its turn. I've scanned all the listings and edited them manually for missing/faded/blurry/ambiguous characters, and I'm right now documenting them a little (including some sample runs when possible) by keying them in into a defective but workable unit (leaked display). This will take several months.

When everything's done I'll upload them to Eric's for further processing & OCR'ing, PDF creation and finally making them available at my site.

Best regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] 3rd Anniversary of my HP site - Valentin Albillo - 10-13-2022 10:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)