TI 36X Pro: The Next Generation?
11-05-2022, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2022 09:38 PM by trojdor.)
RE: TI 36X Pro: The Next Generation?
I've got 3 of the new 30x pro Mathprint, and I'd have to agree with everything Steve noted in the review. The Solar part is much bigger, and I'd assume more efficient. (Although I don't have any trouble with the old 36x eating batteries.)
It is easier to read...both the keys, and the display.

The biggest updates for me:
1. It's MUCH faster on things like the Numeric Solver....along the lines of the 991ex speed.
2. It shows more answers in exact mode...again more along the lines of the 991ex.
3. The sharper display holds more information per screen.

The biggest downsides for me:
1. Mushy buttons on my #1 30x Mathprint makes me miss entering some keys, especially if I'm going fast. The zero key is especially problematic. I don't know if it's the rectangular shape verses the oval shape of the 36x's, but the keys 'rock' more.
(Note that #2 30x pro keyboard works noticibly better. QC?)
2. I suspect it's just me, but for whatever reason, I have trouble holding onto the 30x pro. I don't know why, but I never have trouble holding the old 36x securely. I've dropped the 30x a couple of times already.
3. This is minor, but things like the numeric solver require a few more keystrokes to complete. It's nice to have the added start-stop range option, and some of the other things they've added, but I do miss the direct minimalist approach of the original 36x.

I got mine on Amazon for about $40. Didn't seem that expensive to me.
With phones selling for over $1000, a $40 scientific calculator seems like a great deal....and a definite upgrade from the 36x.

Edit - I do think it's more than a little confusing to use a lower model number "30x" to denote a replacement/update for the "36x". My opinion is, that they wanted to qualify for the NCEES (and others) approved calculator list which already mentions the "30x" label. (referring to the older, lower capabilities 30x multiview)

ENTER > =
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TI 36X Pro: The Next Generation? - trojdor - 11-05-2022 09:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)