Will HP Make Real Calculator Again?
12-08-2022, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2022 02:36 PM by carey.)
RE: Will HP Make Real Calculator Again?
(12-07-2022 12:46 AM)Rolief_Rechner Wrote:  So I try the Prime.
Unworthy of HP label.

Hmm...the Prime has real issues, but I wonder if the claim that the Prime is not "HP worthy" may be overlooking the Prime's industry leading features and also overglorifying the past (i.e., the myth of the "good ole days").

Just to clarify, is a touchscreen graphical calculator with thin brushed metal case, great keys, running at >500 MHz, adaptive plotting that can reveal dynamics overlooked by fixed-step algorithms, modern full-featured CAS, clear programming language, well-tested numerical algorithms, customizable features for power users, and much more, "unworthy of HP label”?

Perhaps the "unworthy" Prime is being compared to past "worthy" HP calculators, like the 28S, with its self-destructive springed battery compartment, or the 48, with its lcd connections maintained by foam strip pressure (while the foam lasts) or its Rev. A-E equation writer bug, or the...

Everyone's entitled to their opinion (which makes this forum fun), but most calculator criticisms boil down to use case and personal preference. So, if RPN is an absolute necessity, or if CAS isn't a priority, or if one assumes (mistakenly) that calculators w/aplets are only suitable in education, then the Prime may be disappointing. But if one has use for the Prime's high-level functionality and computing power, it's unlikely to disappoint...too much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will HP Make Real Calculator Again? - carey - 12-08-2022 04:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)