TI-30X Pro MathPrint raising i to powers > 3
12-21-2022, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2022 02:59 AM by trojdor.)
RE: TI-30X Pro MathPrint raising i to powers > 3
Those calculators all have excellent benefits for Engineers, Geologists, Chemists, etc, especially for quick on-site calculations.

But don't confuse esoteric limitations (such as limiting the imaginary sq rt of 1 to the power of 3) to have anything to do with most day-to-day engineering problems.

In my almost 50 years as an Engineer, I don't ever recall needing to raise i to the power of 4 or 5. Ever.

While back then, I always carried an HP with me, I find myself more, and more, forgoing even the HP-35s for a simple/small fx-260 Solar II in my shirt pocket.
That's all most quick day-to-day engineering problems really need. (And probably more than half of those calculations occur in meetings.)

And if it can't handle it, it's back to the office computer (or laptop), where we've either got our favorite Excel spreadsheet, or a dedicated computer program to solve the complex stuff.

Hope that's not too sacrilegious, LOL.

ENTER > =
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TI-30X Pro MathPrint raising i to powers > 3 - trojdor - 12-21-2022 02:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)