voyager-lcd: Linux & Windows utility for Voyager display conversion to hexadecimal
04-02-2023, 10:45 PM
RE: voyager-lcd: Linux & Windows utility for Voyager display conversion to hexadec...
(03-28-2023 02:18 PM)Mark H. Shin Wrote:  I have attached SVG files for Voyager LCD segments & annunciators. Some scaling will be required.

Thanks Mark! I may use that in the future, though I haven't yet. I have experimented with SVG support in the Qt toolkit, which I use for voyager-lcd and some of my other recent programs. It unfortunately does not allow manipulation of the SVG after it is loaded, for instance to change the fill color of an LCD segment. Most other platforms that support SVG allow that, by interacting with the DOM. C'est la vie.

Aside from the digit/decimal/comma and leading negative sign shapes not matching the actual Voyager display, my biggest complaint with the display in voyager-lcd is that I can't get the "G" and "RAD" anunciators to be adjoining. I've tried several different methods of telling the QGraphicsLinearLayout to do that, including making the "G" cell right-justified and the "RAD" cell left-justified, but it doesn't work. Short of switching everything to SVG, I probably will have to stop using a QGraphicsLinearLayout for the annunciators.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: voyager-lcd: Linux & Windows utility for Voyager display conversion to hexadec... - brouhaha - 04-02-2023 10:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)