How to purhcase a fully working HP41CX on eBay?
04-14-2023, 04:06 PM
RE: How to purhcase a fully working HP41CX on eBay?
Hi, all,

albertofenini Wrote:but .... you still miss the one for everyday use and so it goes ...

There's a simple solution, which is what I do:
    - get a pristine one for your collection, not meant to use it regularly, if at all.

- get a second pristine/very good one as a backup, again not meant to use it regularly, if at all

- if you'd still want to use that particular model regularly, get a 3rd one either for free (as part of some transaction: "I buy this expensive one but you include that faulty one for free") or for peanuts, which is fully working but with severe cosmetic flaws, so that you won't feel bad using it and risk damaging the cosmetics as they're already bad enough to begin with.

For instance, I own a couple of pristine SHARP PC-1211 pocket computers, not the slightest scratch or blemish on them so I won't risk using them, I wouldn't feel comfortable about it. But as I *do* want to use it a lot (namely to key in and run tons of my 40+ year-old programs for it in order to document and upload them to my site), I got for free this third one affected with bleeding LCD display which looks bad but is perfectly useable:

SHARP PC-1211 w/ bleeding LCD display

and that's it: perfect peace of mind on my side and a poor but still-useable classic machine saved from oblivion or destruction. Smile

V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to purhcase a fully working HP41CX on eBay? - Valentin Albillo - 04-14-2023 04:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)