USBOpen(), USBSend() and USBRecv()
05-01-2023, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2023 10:20 PM by matalog.)
RE: USBOpen(), USBSend() and USBRecv()
(05-01-2023 07:41 PM)gehakte_bits Wrote:  Not familiar with your terminal program. But you could monitor the Async link data to see what side loses it.

It sounds more like a buffer overflow somewhere (sending data too fast)
But using a terminal program like YAT, one can set the output buffer to 60 bytes, buffer no more than baud rate, buffer chunks of 60 bytes, and sending max bytes / time under advanced settings and other things to play with.
Xon/Xoff also might help (I think that is on by default on the FT260 if I remember) so turn that on on your terminal program.

Xon/Xoff has fixed that. Now I get everything in all different sized packets, but at least I get it all. Thanks again.

I ordered i2c to UART devices and in the meantime, I will attempt to use an Arduino to send 60 bytes via i2c.

If I tell the arduino to Wire.begin(80) that is 50h, then should I be able to Wire.write("12345abcde") and receive it on the HP Prime, assuming I have the FT260 JP9 at 2-3 and JP 7 at 1-2. I will connect Arduino SCL-SDA-GND to FT260 SCL-SDA-GND. Is there anything else I will need to set first?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: USBOpen(), USBSend() and USBRecv() - matalog - 05-01-2023 08:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)