DBNUT - The ROM builder project
02-16-2018, 09:42 AM
RE: DBNUT - The ROM builder project
(02-15-2018 10:54 PM)David Hayden Wrote:  My interest is, I like to think, more widespread.

I have a 41CL. It's a wonderful machine with plenty of room for additional ROM images. I also have a collection of programs in .raw files. It would be great to be able to load them onto the 41CL.

So what I'd really like is a program that can take a collection of ordinary FOCAL programs and create a ROM image from them. Is that something that your project could do?

Currently, not. My ROM builder (asmnut/romnut) only deals with MCode. But, it may a new improvement for the next release. Thanks for the idea Smile

The main issue is that I do not understand how FOCAL code is "compiled" into ROM. Some bits (8bits to 10bits) are set to "1" is the 8th and 9th bits, and I do not know why.
Also, I do not know how the linkage is done between several FOCAL program in ROM. There are some pointers added into the ROM, and I do not how that works.
If someone can give me more information about compiling FOCAL code into a ROM image, this will be very nice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
DBNUT - The ROM builder project - cgh - 08-23-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: DBNUT - The ROM builder project - cgh - 02-16-2018 09:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)