Video: playing Wish You Were Here with Floyd Reloaded in their rehearsal room
09-04-2014, 05:59 PM
RE: Video: playing Wish You Were Here with Floyd Reloaded in their rehearsal room
(09-04-2014 05:40 PM)Jeff O. Wrote:  
(08-29-2014 06:03 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  Thanks for the clip compsystems. Good use for the old "not remotely" section.
It reminded me to resume holding my breath for the Floyd's new record (October?).
See you on the dark side of the moon. - db

What's your opinion on Pink Floyd with and without Roger Waters? I really like David Gilmour, but Pink Floyd after Roger seems more or less to be just David Gilmour solo. I also like Roger Waters solo, but found "The Final Cut" to be too much like a solo Roger Waters album. I think that this is a case of the whole being more than the sum of the parts. “Dark Side of the Moon” through “The Wall” is the zenith of Pink Floyd for me. The last 2 minutes or so (the instrumental play out) of “Pigs (Three Different Ones)” still gives me goose bumps.

Disclaimer - the above are my opinions only, no offense to any others whose equally valid opinions may differ.

Pink Floyd isn't Pink Floyd without both Waters and Gilmore. That is to say, I agree with you that whole is greater than the sum.

But both bands are well worth seeing, they are filled with amazing musicians. To my taste, Waters seems to be caught up with himslef more than Gilmore, but I'd like to see either at any time. The forthcoming album should be quite interesting too.

Do people, besides me, still buy albums (on CD, that is)?

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video: playing Wish You Were Here with Floyd Reloaded in their rehearsal room - rprosperi - 09-04-2014 05:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)