Can anybody please sanity check my Free42/Plus42 skin before I submit it?
08-23-2023, 03:59 AM
RE: Can anybody please sanity check my Free42/Plus42 skin before I submit it?
Thanks agarza. Interestingly, I had never tried this skin on my computer. I designed it for my iPhone 13 mini and just hoped it would work OK on other phones. That being said, I just tried it on my Mac and it behaves differently - it always shows the text:
{ HOME }
on the top line. That's nothing I want to see, but I don't know how to get rid of it.

I also see that the 42s comes up in a large window on the Mac - my first impulse was to simply drag on a corner of the window to make it smaller, but apparently that's not an available feature of this program! :-(. The 640 pixel width skin is already taller than the screen on my MacBook Pro, and the 1080 version is even taller still. This doesn't seem reasonable - I'm going to hunt around for some option to scale down the size on a Mac.

Regarding the double pressing of an engineering exponent key, I've already seen that but I don't think it can be fixed. This is in the same class as having manually entered the wrong value on the calculator - you just have to backspace over the error and enter the right digits. All those buttons do is execute a macro that sequentially enters key presses for e.g. E +/- 1 2 to save you from typing "E-12". If you decide you've hit the wrong button then you have to backspace to before the "E" and then hit another one of the engineering notation keys. There is no way for the macro to know a "wrong" macro has just been pressed and to do the required amount of backspace presses beforehand.

Have you been able to try this skin on a phone? How about the CONST button (on shift-π)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can anybody please sanity check my Free42/Plus42 skin before I submit it? - MickM - 08-23-2023 03:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)