How much memory may a HPPL program use on a G2?
09-10-2023, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2023 09:36 PM by komame.)
RE: How much memory may a HPPL program use on a G2?
(09-10-2023 11:12 AM)Tyann Wrote:  For the sake of completeness, I should point out that I record words in lower case with accents.
So when I do a search for 'crosswords' I convert the words to UPPERCASE without accents and that takes time too.

I don't understand the conversion of accented letters to letters without accents. For instance, if you have the word "forêt" in a crossword puzzle, where the missing letter pattern in the crossword looks like this: "f??ê?" the algorithm will find other words that have the letter "e" in place of "ê" and they won't fit the crossword. What is the purpose of this conversion?
Maybe I misunderstood something again?

And one more thing: You mentioned that you have over 50,000 words of 9-letter length in your dictionary. How much time does your program currently need to return a result for this length (optimistically, on average, and pessimistically)?

Piotr Kowalewski
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much memory may a HPPL program use on a G2? - komame - 09-10-2023 06:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: