A skinnable phone/desktop 42S emulator (aside from Free42/Plus42)
10-22-2023, 04:19 AM
RE: A skinnable phone/desktop 42S emulator (aside from Free42/Plus42)
(10-19-2023 04:56 PM)MickM Wrote:  I required a trivial amendment to the operation of the "E" button

(10-19-2023 04:56 PM)MickM Wrote:  I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a programmer for Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android like Thomas is.

These statements are contradictory. I don't see how you can judge the change to be trivial if you have little idea where to start. I suspect that this change is not being considered because it would change fundamental behaviour of free42 away from the hp-42s, which is clearly not the idea of free42. Once you make a change like that you must maintain both the methods of functioning to ensure compatibility with the original.

(10-19-2023 04:56 PM)MickM Wrote:  The skin itself is complete in it's features but now I'm looking for a new home for it while I still have momentum.

(10-19-2023 04:56 PM)MickM Wrote:  in exchange for the benefits my skin would provide to the developer by making the product more attractive.

I can see that you both do not understand the culture of free/open source software and you have overvalued your potential contribution.

There are websites that will hook you up with a programmer who can make the change for you. I think there is one called 'fiverr' or similar. Someone could well create you a one-off version of free42 to suit your needs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A skinnable phone/desktop 42S emulator (aside from Free42/Plus42) - dm319 - 10-22-2023 04:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: