A skinnable phone/desktop 42S emulator (aside from Free42/Plus42)
10-23-2023, 12:47 PM
RE: A skinnable phone/desktop 42S emulator (aside from Free42/Plus42)
(10-22-2023 11:38 PM)MickM Wrote:  In light of my realizations in this illuminating thread, I reckon I have to figure out how to back-pedal my way out of Thomas's bad books - at this point I think he thinks I'm an arsehole... :-(.

Probably not... Thomas is quite used to folks asking for this or that to extend Free42 for various reasons. And his record of refusing things that break pure 42S behavior while often embracing other kinds of enhancements is exemplary, and is one of the reasons Free42/Plus42 have become so popular, probably the most widely used HP Calculator Emulator.

But once an idea has been rejected, continuing to advocate for it (to Thomas) surely doesn't win any points. Again, IMHO finding a way to accomplish your goals while keeping standard behavior is your best path to success. I for one, hope you can, as your skin idea is interesting. Most skins simply are decorative or move a handful of buttons around for convenience of some kind, while yours introduces some quite different ideas. I hope it becomes available.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A skinnable phone/desktop 42S emulator (aside from Free42/Plus42) - rprosperi - 10-23-2023 12:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)