dm42decode - a command-line decoder tool
12-27-2023, 01:41 PM
RE: dm42decode - a command-line decoder tool
(12-27-2023 01:30 AM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  That is a very clever approach to writing a text / raw translator!

I'm glad you like the idea.

(12-27-2023 01:30 AM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  It could be improved a bit, by calling core_list_programs() to check if the input contained multiple programs, and by scrapping most of the shell functionality and replacing it by stub functions, so the whole thing will build without any GUI library dependencies.

I guess I can't really follow you there.
I wasn't able to remove the dependency on the GUI so easily.
My approach would probably be to extract these methods into separate files so they can be used by both the GUI and CLI.

Asked somewhat bluntly: Would it be possible to make these two tools available with a regular release of Free42/Plus42?
Most of the members in this forum are probably not able to compile them themselves.
Therefore, they would be happy if these were made available officially.

(12-26-2023 12:28 PM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  I haven't tried it yet, but the same should work with Plus42.

In the meantime I tried to compile the two programs with plus42desktop.
That worked, but when I let them run it results in a segmentation fault.
I haven't looked at it in detail yet, but I saw that the signature of core_init changed:

free42:
Code:
void core_init(int read_state, int4 version, const char *state_file_name, int offset);

plus42desktop:
Code:
void core_init(int *rows, int *cols, int read_state, const char *state_file_name);

This can not work of course but should be easy to fix.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: dm42decode - a command-line decoder tool - Thomas Klemm - 12-27-2023 01:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)