CASIO Graph Lite and Graph Math+
04-12-2024, 07:05 PM
RE: CASIO Graph Lite and Graph Math+
(04-12-2024 03:00 PM)Dands Wrote:  Clearly, people that think the CW was a good release are not engineering students or professional engineers that need to take very difficult timed exams. Workflow speed is crucial. Readily available operations are crucial. Toggle keys are crucial.

The CW does add some genuinely meaningful improvements over the EX, but I agree that workflow speed is not one of them. In fact I'd probably put it dead last among its peers in this category. For someone that might just do a few quick calculations here and there throughout the day, the CW is probably fine. For someone taking a timed exam, it'll be miserable.

(04-12-2024 03:00 PM)Dands Wrote:  The fx-991EX remains the absolute best sicentic calculator for engineers.

I've also recommended it for computer science on more than one occasion. It has probably the best binary/hexadecimal/octal handling I've seen in a $20 calculator. The CW matches it in this regard, except you have to repeatedly press Format to cycle through bases, rather than having four keys to directly select a base. Again, a slower workflow that will turn off anyone that needs to do a lot of base conversion (embedded firmware developers, perhaps). If you only do it a few times a day at most, it's probably livable.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CASIO Graph Lite and Graph Math+ - Dave Britten - 04-12-2024 07:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)