Elektronika MK-52: The MK-61 big brother?
01-20-2016, 08:06 PM
RE: Elektronika MK-52: The MK-61 big brother?
So I finally got the eeproms, and started the procedure immediately

[Image: 1.md.jpg]

I cut the legs off

[Image: 2.md.jpg]

[Image: 3.md.jpg]

I accidentally sucked off two solder pads with my solder sucker, that was not a wise move but I didn't want to use a de-solder wire because I didn't want to heat up the pads too long, it really is a crappy pcb, extremely fragile.

[Image: 4.md.jpg]

I cleaned up the solder and soldered the new eeprom in place and fixed the broken pad with a piece of wire

[Image: 5.md.jpg]

I wrote a small program and saved it and turned off the calculator for a couple of minutes before I restarted it and loaded the program and executed it. It worked!

[Image: 6.md.jpg]

there we go, another one works as it should do.

I bought another mk-61 last week also, and it had a strange fault when I started it, the vfd would show every number and point lit and scramble all the numbers then turn off completely for a minute or so before the calculator jumped to life and worked, it looked like a capacitor problem so I opened it up and found one 50v 20µF capacitor in the power supply pcb, I changed it and the problem went away.

I put the capacitor in my esr meter and it showed 20 Ohm internal resistance and vloss of 30%. compared to the new one I put in that measured 0,13 Ohm.

So if you have problems with your mk-XX calculator, replace the capacitors first.

10C,11C,12C,15C,16C,21,25,25C,34C,35,45,41CV,41CX,71B,97,32S,35S,42S
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Elektronika MK-52: The MK-61 big brother? - Adalin - 01-20-2016 08:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)