HP-41cx Card Reader rebuild question
11-04-2014, 02:22 AM
RE: HP-41cx Card Reader rebuild question
Here's one more follow-up. This pic
http://imgur.com/ZcUMjv0
is the other side of the plastic housing. The red oval marks the other side of the metal tab from the first pic. The blue is the other side of the small wheel below the metal tab. The green on the circuit board is the approximate location where the metal tab sits below the circuit board. There appears to be no contact with the circuit board..the circuit board sits about a 1/16" above the plastic housing. The long metal contacts that are moved by the small wheel and tab inside the card slot, seem to function normally and are not mechanically connected to the small metal tab in any way.

Again, for some reason, when that metal tab is in place, when I plug the reader into the HP-41, the motor begins to run for about 5-10 sec, then stops...even with the HP-41 turned off. If I take the metal tab out, the reader functions the way you would expect and appears to write cards, but I get an error when reading (could be that they are not being written properly I suppose). That small metal tab is a bit of a conundrum!

Thanks,

Win

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41cx Card Reader rebuild question - wheagy - 11-04-2014 02:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)