HP-IL with HP 82163A Video Interface
12-15-2023, 10:00 AM
RE: HP-IL with HP 82163A Video Interface
(12-15-2023 05:45 AM)murphy9 Wrote:  I now have the level shifters and a Pico with Wifi - this is all sitting on a explorer board - which nealty includes a colour OLED display (hence my video interest). The 2040 W adds BT and Wifi so the possibilities are insane. Next stage is wiring up and coding. For me this will be a (very) steep learning curve as I'm quite rusty and with Holiday season and my new job (working with HP Inc here in Australia) I think it'll be an interesting 2024 !
Have fun with this. Just be aware that the FET level shifters may not work the way you expect with the HP41. Input to your Pico setup is probably OK, but I doubt if this will correctly drive the bus for the required ISA, DATA and FI outputs.
And very brave to go the Wifi way. I did consider this, but in my opinion power consumption will be way too high for a standalone battery powered HP41, so external power may be needed all the time in this case.

Regards, Meindert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-IL with HP 82163A Video Interface - MeindertKuipers - 12-15-2023 10:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)