Connectivity Kit Editor enhancements
01-02-2014, 11:51 AM
RE: Connectivity Kit Editor enhancements
Quote:Yes, but which programs do you expose?
Why not all of them ? Smile

Quote:create a folder per app?
Possibly, but that should remain optional IMO. On the TI-68k series, I know that some people like having a hundred files in the main folder, and no other folders, while others try to put programs in separate folders and have as few programs as possible in the main folder.

Quote:When the programs are parsed into the "compiled" version?
Possibly.

Quote:Where the errors appear? What about the other features like time sync, messages, etc?

How about if the xbox controller expose a txt file with the button states instead of using the game controller hid. It is like forcing a concept just because it looks convenient, but it isn't.
We largely agree on that, I duly mentioned earlier that MSD probably had to be complemented by something Wink
With special-purpose filesystems, at a higher level:
* receiving screenshots could be mapped to a read from one in a set of files with special names (or a write for defining the format, followed by a read);
* sending keypresses and setting date + time could be mapped to a write to files with special names;
* two-way chat could be implemented by reads and writes to one or two files with special names.
However, at a lower level (on the wire), for these operations, you and me agree that it's probably best to use something other than MSD.

Unless someone goes through the process and pain of making a kernel driver, or wants to depend on unmaintained third-party projects, Windows users would be left out of the kind of aforementioned special-purpose filesystems where data does not necessarily read back (ala Linux procfs/sysfs, or one of the many projects based upon Filesystem in USEr-space capabilities and enjoyed by many *nix users on a daily basis).

Quote:What png images?
I was thinking out aloud about an idea given to me by Levak's nCapture for making a disconnected Nspire produce screenshots from near-arbitrary locations in the OS, and the fact that the Prime already produces screenshots in PNG format.
Such "offline" screenshots could be transferred back onto the computer, even with HID.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connectivity Kit Editor enhancements - debrouxl - 01-02-2014 11:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)