[WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
01-23-2015, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2015 01:45 PM by John Galt.)
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
(01-23-2015 08:08 AM)jebem Wrote:  I have updated my diagram accordingly, by removing the color schema references.

Jose, I don't think there is any need to change your documentation. Bear in mind the cable I received included its own documentation. Its color designations are consistent with your description as well as with everyone else's experience, so I had no reason to question it. The problem is that my cable was built in a manner that conflicted with its own documentation.

If I had disassembled the shell to inspect its connections earlier, that problem would have been obvious.

Given the potential for uncertainty regarding cables such as these, as well as the question of counterfeit Prolific and FTDI devices, the only suggestion I have for others attempting this procedure would be to verify their device is both authentic and assembled in accordance with its supplied instructions (if any accompanies their cable).

There is no guarantee that the USB shell might always be so easily disassembled though, and a simple loopback test is insufficient to identify reversed Tx / Rx conductors. Could you use a diode to identify the proper conductors?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users - John Galt - 01-23-2015 01:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)