[WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
01-24-2015, 06:16 PM
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
(01-24-2015 05:55 PM)John Galt Wrote:  The extensive documentation provided by others is priceless. Mr. Bonin's book is a gem!

Thanks for your very kind words.

Quote:I'd argue installing the internal board involves about the same degree of difficulty as building a pogo pin connector, and doesn't even require taking the back cover off the HP (unless of course you want the crystal / RTC mod).

Removing the cover is nerve-wracking the first time but I did it with only my fingers following Eric Rechlin's video (I think it's Eric? Correct me if I'm wrong). It's pretty simple.

I probably will eventually install Harald's internal board when I get the itch anyway.

I can confirm it's Eric's video. As I mentioned in the manual, I'm impressed by his ability in creating and upgrading a WP 34S in such a quick and clean way.

Regarding Harald's board #2: remember it also serves as driver for the IR line to the printer. Once this board is installed, flashing updates will require only a standard cable. And you have to open the calc for installing the quartz anyway.

d:-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users - walter b - 01-24-2015 06:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)