HP 41 Keyboard Overlays available finally!
10-26-2020, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2020 09:07 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: HP 41 Keyboard Overlays available finally!
(10-26-2020 08:04 PM)Michael Fehlhammer Wrote:  By the way, it seems there is no mechanism that firmly holds overlays in place on a DM41X (holes, spring - clip), probably this calculator wasn't intended to be used with overlays?

Thanks to both Michael and Monte!! I'll be ordering several (both old and new styles - will Monte be carrying old ones as well?) shall I send that info to Monte now, or wait for some call for orders, etc? I'm in no rush to receive them, but in somewhat of a rush to not forget to order them. Smile

The DM41X (and the DM42 and forthcoming 43S) have small slots on the vertical sides of the calculator body the surrounds the keyboard area, I believe there are 3 slots on each side. SM has a template file available and several folks have made prototypes. One key difference is the space between the keys and the slots is relatively short, thus probably affecting both the overlay material selection and installation instructions. It seems unlikely there will be any 'quick installation/removal' options, but on the other hand, it's easier to provide what would appear to be a new keyboard bezel.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 71 Overlays - Dave Frederickson - 03-11-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: HP 41 Keyboard Overlays available finally! - rprosperi - 10-26-2020 09:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)