Properties of Exponents Issue w/ HP Prime
12-12-2014, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 06:56 AM by Joe7248.)
RE: Properties of Exponents Issue w/ HP Prime
I might be doing it wrong forgive me but I used collect and entered x^(-1/2) and the calculator still returned x^(1/2)/x. Here's another concern with this issue... I used the TI-89 Titanium and Wolfram Alpha to get the derivative of: (4 sqrt(x))/(x^2-2)) and the answer equaled -(2 (3 x^2+2))/(sqrt(x) (x^2-2)^2) on both which was great. If needed here is the Wolfram Alpha Language Plain Text Input: D[(4 Sqrt[x])/(x^2-2), x] to see the problem in textbook format. However, the HP Prime provides this as an answer to (4x^(1/2))/(x^2-2)) using the differentiate (diff) option & Maximum Simplify setting (-6x^2*sqrt(x)-4*sqrt(x))/(x^5-4*x^3+4*x) it can also be copied and pasted to Wolfram Alpha to see its textbook format and understand my problem. HP Programmers please correct this Sad its my belief that the answers which have appeared on my HP Prime Calculator, should only appear if Simplify is set to Minimum because the answers can be simplified further. No Excuses! Your answers should not end halfway simplified under Maximum settings. I have faith in your abilities to address this issue and satisfy my concern.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Properties of Exponents Issue w/ HP Prime - Joe7248 - 12-12-2014 06:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)