POLL: What would you like to see in a new Function/Equation Library?
01-05-2015, 02:03 AM
RE: POLL: What would you like to see in a new Function/Equation Library?
Let's keep in mind that an exhaustive equation library may not be in the cards. A library of practical, concise functions which are accessible from both a menu driven front end and/or by simply calling the functions in a user created program; is perhaps a better start.

Basic functions for NEC compliance should not be that difficult, outside figuring out what functions would be most useful.....

I am right there with Giancarlo, graphics would definitely necessary. I will admit that I haven't put them in the library I put together (though I should..), but as an amateur....I will need to figure that out.

While we are at it I want to send out a thank you to Eddie Shore, as his tutorials are great, and they inspired me to move on from UserRPL and give HP PPL a shot.

To akmon, there are a few generic structural engineering functions here: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-2699.html
I am working on a adding a set of general functions that give the option of using ASD or LRFD before spitting out the answer.

I guess in the end my question for the poll is how are we going to get a function library started? Ideally it would just appear, delivered magically by HP; however that may not happen, and if it did it may not reflect what "we" the users think is most important. What can we do....?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: POLL: What would you like to see in a new Function/Equation Library? - acmeanvil - 01-05-2015 02:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)