Connectivity Kit. Still another major BUG
12-30-2014, 12:07 AM
RE: Connectivity Kit. Still another major BUG
(12-29-2014 07:09 AM)bobkrohn Wrote:  Can't even do individual Cells. Have to click on it as if Editing it.
No multi-Cell selection. Is anybody at home?

I'm at home. Not sure where you are. Must be quite exciting to get the blood boiled up so high though.

Basically, the list editor was created long before we had the ability to use touch for multi-selection as it was coded for a prior calculator. It has not been reworked yet to use a more advanced control. Since development is now done in an iterative nature certain parts of the system are touched in each update. That one hasn't been touched really since its creation.

Quote:list2mat(L2,100)->M2

Works fine here, so I am not sure as I can't reproduce what you are attempting to communicate.

Are you by chance attempting to store symbolic items, or mixed items into a matrix? If so, then that is the reason it is not working. A home matrix only stores a single numeric type (real/complex) and can't contained embedded lists, formulas, etc. This is exactly how it was in the 48 until you put in support for symbolic matrices by installing erable or similar. The 49 and on had that built in.

The CAS however supports symbolic matrices just fine right now. You will however lose the strict typing that a home variable gets you as a feature.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connectivity Kit. Still another major BUG - Tim Wessman - 12-30-2014 12:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)