A new RPL firmware for the 50g
01-01-2014, 02:15 AM
RE: A new RPL firmware for the 50g
@Thomas:
What we need to get right is the algorithms, so the initial pseudocode you showed is perfect for me. Translation to any language is not a big deal, that's why I wasn't asking for a final implementation in a particular language (much less in RPL without any comments).

@Paul:
I'm not underestimating the difficulty, I'm well aware of the complexity that's why I believe it has to be a community effort to provide good math code. No single person can do it alone (although David got pretty far all by himself...)
Now regarding emulation: I'm not talking about emulating anything.. Just creating an RPL machine, compatible at source level (to the best we can), as in the functions should have the same name (and if possible take the same arguments), but replicating undocumented or buggy behavior is not the intent here. The basic functions don't need to be written in RPL, the idea is that the user can expand the system with RPL functions, but most of the base should be optimized C or C++ code.
The way I envision it is a completely NEW system, just based on a very similar language for ease of portability and with a familiar stack interface.

@David:
I was actually counting on your reply, as I've been following your progress. I'm not sure how your implementation would fit in only 512 kbytes of RAM, but as you said, it's a good starting point. You also have a good idea of the complexity since you've already faced the challenge. So are you willing to collaborate in a project like this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A new RPL firmware for the 50g - Claudio L. - 01-01-2014 02:15 AM
RE: A new RPL firmware for the 50g - Han - 01-01-2014, 06:39 AM
RE: A new RPL firmware for the 50g - Han - 01-01-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: A new RPL firmware for the 50g - Han - 01-02-2014, 03:44 AM
RE: A new RPL firmware for the 50g - Han - 01-03-2014, 03:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)