A new RPL firmware for the 50g
01-02-2014, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 05:48 AM by Paul Dale.)
RE: A new RPL firmware for the 50g
SHUFFLE and REARRANGE are nice additions, SHFL is handy on the 34S. Many years ago, I started writing a sysRPL compiler for the 28 series that attempted to detect sequences that existed as their own entries and substituted them. Thus, you only needed to write the basic stack manipulations and the compiler figured out the shortest sequence of sysRPL calls to do them, well a shorter sequence at least.

People should also check out the OpenRPN project which had a fairly complete RPL interpreter written and quite a number of the user mode functions too. The integer mode support is pretty good, attempting to emulate the 16C functionality.

Another thought that would make for a fantastically well featured calculator would be to embed a Raspberry Pi into the device, install Wolfram's mathematica (which is free on this platform for non-commercial use), and wrapper that. You get a very full featured and well tested mathematics package for essentially free. The 50g hardware possibly isn't up to this, although I suspect it could be, but the other platforms being discussed are in the right ballpark.

I am interested in this project, but probably will have my hands full with the 43S when we start implementation.

- Pauli
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A new RPL firmware for the 50g - Han - 01-01-2014, 06:39 AM
RE: A new RPL firmware for the 50g - Han - 01-01-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: A new RPL firmware for the 50g - Han - 01-02-2014, 03:44 AM
RE: A new RPL firmware for the 50g - Han - 01-03-2014, 03:14 PM
RE: A new RPL firmware for the 50g - Paul Dale - 01-02-2014 10:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)