WP 34S: Quick access to bitwise operations as on the 16C
01-26-2015, 05:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2015 08:31 AM by BarryMead.)
RE: WP 34S: Quick access to bitwise operations as on the 16C
(01-26-2015 03:30 AM)Bit Wrote:  Thank you for the feedback.

If there are programs defined with the names A, B, C or D, then [f] [A] etc. will start those programs instead of invoking the hotkey functions. That's not a feature I introduced, I've merely preserved the original behavior (it's described e.g. in point 1 at the top of page 14 in the PDF version of the 34S documentation). I doubt it'd make sense to change it but feel free to provide counterarguments. Because of this, marking the hotkeys as [f] functions could be misleading.

I'd like to point out that, as explained in the first post, if you hold down [f] or [g], you can quickly invoke not only SL/SR 1 but also ASR and the rotate functions.
This works fine on the real calculator and the NON-QT emulator, but if this feature ever becomes part of the official source tree and gets compiled into the QT emulator then the "HOLD f" or "HOLD g" plus a button quits working, so the SL1 and SR1 functions become more important. For this reason I suggest that they be added to the legend in yellow beneath the A and B keys. Even the existing black colored "SL 1" and "SR 1" definitions get cancelled by a program using LBL A or LBL B when the base is anything other than base 16 so I don't see why a yellow "SL1" or "SR1" legend beneath the A and B keys should be omitted on this basis. If you omit the space between the "SL" and "1" like this "SL1" instead of "SL 1" and change "1CO" and "2CO" to "1C" and "2C" then there would be room for both the yellow and blue shifted legends beneath the A and B keys.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP 34S: Quick access to bitwise operations as on the 16C - BarryMead - 01-26-2015 05:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)