WP 34S: Quick access to bitwise operations as on the 16C
01-27-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: WP 34S: Quick access to bitwise operations as on the 16C
(01-26-2015 06:31 AM)BarryMead Wrote:  
(01-26-2015 05:57 AM)John Galt Wrote:  It would make sense to label the top row A - F all the way left to right.
See the attached modified text version of the legend that incorporates John's suggestions along with mine.

I've added a new set of PDFs to the first post. It includes A - F labels in the top row (plus the arrow above E because it's available as the indirection operator when programming in integer mode). I've also added the digit 1 as a subscript to all shift and rotate commands to act as a reminder that they can be used in a shift/rotate by one bit mode.

While it could make sense to indicate in some way that [f] can be used with the hotkeys, marking the hotkeys in the same way as f-shifted functions in the lower left corner is misleading IMO because they do not work the same way as f-shifted functions: they turn into XEQ A-D if corresponding programs are defined. Sqrt(x) in the top row isn't the same as sqrt(x) under the multiply key.

Therefore I've created three versions of the PDFs to satisfy everyone and to test out these ideas: One without any special markings on the hotkeys, one with the hotkey labels colored yellow (perhaps a good middle ground), and one where they hotkey functions are shown as if they were [f] functions as you requested. Enjoy!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP 34S: Quick access to bitwise operations as on the 16C - Bit - 01-27-2015 01:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)