How can I have TWO separate Global Variables with the SAME Name?
01-31-2015, 05:17 AM
RE: How can I have TWO separate Global Variables with the SAME Name?
(01-31-2015 01:21 AM)bobkrohn Wrote:  The other problem is how do you get rid of them?
(or ANY variable for that matter, there is no Delete button)

Although there is no Delete button, there is a Delete key. To purge any variable that you created in Home (not in a program, or in a user-defined function, or in CAS), highlight it in either the Vars / User / User Variables menu, or in the Memory Manager / User Variables list, then press either the backspace key, or the Del key (Shift backspace). It will immediately be purged without asking "Are you sure?" nor giving any notice of its deletion, so be careful. Unlike HP's RPL models, Prime offers no undo option after accidental purging of a variable.

In the Memory Manager, in addition to backspace and Del, the Clear key (Shift Esc) also purges the highlighted variable. This is strange, since Clear doesn't do anything in the Vars / User / User Variables menu.

To purge ALL the variables that you created in Home, highlight "User Variables" in the Memory Manager, and press either backspace or Del (Shift backspace). Do NOT press Clear there, unless you wish to clear ALL of memory (don't worry; it asks for verification first).

All of the above is only about variables created in Home, because I assume that's what you're referring to, e.g. ABC:=123. Variables created in programs, user-defined functions, and in CAS, are purged differently.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can I have TWO separate Global Variables with the SAME Name? - Joe Horn - 01-31-2015 05:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)