[WP 34S] I finally bricked it :-(
02-04-2015, 05:14 AM
RE: [WP 34S] I finally bricked it :-(
(02-04-2015 01:50 AM)John Galt Wrote:  Anyway, I never measured the current required during flashing. I was hoping you would do that for me but I got tired of waiting :-)

Alas, and I'm sorry I have not measured it either; I'm not plugging my unit back into the flash-box again until I have to-- which means I need to update the firmware to support the crystal and caps I'm planning to install (still don't have them in hand, mails are slow with the storms and all).

Well, CMOS circuits are voltage devices and draw negligible current (I'm surprised its even 5ma). Now 'flash' on the other hand is really what interested me. I'm interested in the flash cable idle current.

PS I also was not initially aware that the reset (whether on-board or flashbox) was powering down the device. It would be interesting if strobing the reset would power-on... then the whole thing could be automated. What if the flashbox were to employ an Arduino micro controller that would not only initiate and time the erase-power-on-reset sequence but also prompt the Sam-ba transfer; one button automation. I have not experimented with strobing the reset pin to see if things poweron (dont think I will either)

Cheers
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP 34S] I finally bricked it :-( - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-04-2015 05:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)