WP34s Power Proc-Speed Performance
02-13-2015, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2015 07:03 PM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: WP34s Power Proc-Speed Performance
(02-13-2015 06:46 PM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  
(02-13-2015 10:01 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  It would be interesting to know how speed stepping works here. Is there more than one step? Under load does the processor speed toggle depending, or once it steps down does it remain there?

While running a program the speed is set to the available maximum. This maximum is automatically reduced to SLOW mode (about half the maximum frequency) when the voltage reading is below a certain value. The reading may go up again when the speed is reduced, causing a switch to full speed, causing the voltage to drop, and so forth...

Thanks, Marcus; that's what it looked like to me, but its good to hear it straight from the tech guy for the innards of this instrument. Thanks, again.

PS Well, I have an update... having replaced the coin cells in all three units--- all units have become stable and consistent (big surprise).

The batt value at rest is 3.2v, the batt value under load is 2.9 or 3.0, and all three units run in 'fast' mode at or under 9.0 seconds using the tight loop above with an initial counter of 20,000 (my 30b [A] unit came in at 8.7 seconds).

I'm in the process of making a 3.0v battery supply (C cells) that can be easily attached via coin-plugs and cable (pics coming later) for long looping, and for update or program transfers.

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP34s Power Proc-Speed Performance - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-13-2015 07:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)