is there any limit to Project File size?
03-05-2015, 01:55 AM
RE: is there any limit to Project File size?
(03-05-2015 01:28 AM)bobkrohn Wrote:  
(03-04-2015 11:24 AM)Thomas_Sch Wrote:  Bobkrohn:
Tim asked you to send your program to him. (Your first posting with almost the same subject).
Once again, we are not able to analyze your program. If you would get help, it's your turn to supply all needed data/programs.

I'm puzzled.
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.
I did a search on all my posts and saw nothing about size limits on Project Files.
I once asked if large Project Files would cause an extended compile time.
That was an issue I was and am still experiencing.
I see no link to "another duplicate Thread" on this Forum in posts to this Thread.
(it's easy to do here, it's the little globe and chain icon top right of Text Entry Box)

The last major problem I had were crashes when writing to Notes files.
I posted the Source Code to this Forum.
Link to the Thread where Source Code for "MyNote" was posted
Where you too can see it.

I received an acknowledgement from Tim Wasserman.
I had also sent a copy to HP Tech Support via email per a phone conversation.
Tim Wasserman said he might receive it through his work pipeline from Tech Support.
I have heard nothing back as of today but was made aware that it might be a while.

I am somewhat reticent about sending out my full 3500 (compressed) line program as I am contemplating a possible commercial use for the program.
I don't even know right now if it's even possible to compile it into a self contained onboard App or otherwise protect/obfuscate the Source code.
Maybe it will just be Open Shareware. I don't know.
I'm still feeling my way around the Prime.

My feeling is that if a person can perform some legitimate, intuitive, reasonable programming instructions and it causes a crash, or even more so causes memory corruption rendering the machine unfit for use, then there is inadequate error checking/trapping in the underlying operating system.
Cars get recalled all the time for design flaws which I would say is a similar situation.
Fortunately we can get Firmware Updates but the problems need to be identified first.
That's what I'm doing.

It appears (since we only see what we see, not nesc what you did) you posted your question about Project File Size limit twice; initially, it was posted yesterday morning. A short time later, Tim replied to your post.

A few hours later, there was a second post, from you, with the identical question. I replied saying that Tim had replied below. You replied to my reply saying you didn't see a link, etc. Thomas then posted clarifying that your question was posted twice.

Seeing the confusion, today Katie merged the duplicate threads so you could see all the replies and re-replies. So when you searched you no longer see another thread.

But look at the messages above this one and you will see your question was posted at both 10:44AM and 4:30PM.

HTH

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: is there any limit to Project File size? - rprosperi - 03-05-2015 01:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)