[34S] battery warning indicator / question
03-11-2015, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 06:00 AM by BarryMead.)
RE: [34S] battery warning indicator / question
I don't know how they currently implement the low battery indicator, but I do have an idea of one way to potentially improve the reliability of the low battery indication. I think your idea of "Latching" the low battery indicator is a good one, but might need to be combined with a "Heavy Load Intelligent Sampling Time", and hysteresis to give a more representative indication of the battery life left in the cells. There may be a smart way to implement heavy load sampling. I do know that from time to time the CPU clock frequency gets changed. Perhaps whenever the software decides to increase the CPU clock rate for a program or internal operation, it could check the battery voltage at the point when it is about to reduce the clock frequency again. This should coincide with the time one would expect to see the lowest battery voltage measurements. And of course the hysteresis would be used to ensure that the low battery indicator is not cleared unless the voltage goes back above a higher level than the low level that made it come on.

Could someone who is more familiar with the firmware weigh in on this one? Would an idea like this help improve the validity of the Battery Indicator, or prevent waiting too long to change batteries until you get the "Restored" error.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [34S] battery warning indicator / question - BarryMead - 03-11-2015 05:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)