Clear Stack (CLST, CLSTK) and LastX
03-12-2015, 09:14 PM
RE: Clear Stack (CLST, CLSTK) and LastX
(03-12-2015 08:34 PM)Dieter Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 07:29 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  LASTX is intended for interactive error correction by being able to recover the X register that existed 'before' the last operation 'destroyed' it. This is not necessary, nor desirable, in program mode.

What? Not necessary, not even desirable? You must be kidding. I am using LastX in my programs (41C, 35s, 34s) all the time.

hi Dieter, use case please. First, its not necessary because it is not a 'necessary' use case... I can use the 35s all day and 'never' touch the LASTX key; similar, I can use the 35s all day and 'never' touch the [ENTER] key either... they are not necessary. Second, give me one use case where LASTX is a mandated case where the computation could not be done using another method as easily or more easily? I do not question you. You probably do make use of LASTX frequently... the question is not whether you use it, or like it, the question is whether LASTX is mandated, required, or necessary? The answer is a resounding, No. Well, in a bizarre way, the WP34s developers have made my case for me... they removed the LASTX key! They left a way to 'do' LASTX by providing the 'last x' in the L register, but that is (maybe for you even) inconvenient because the RCL (or some other method) has to be employed to take advantage of recalling the L reg containing LASTX; I am not sure of the reasons for the change, but there was probably some lively and active discussion about it at the time/

Cheers,
marcus

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clear Stack (CLST, CLSTK) and LastX - MarkHaysHarris777 - 03-12-2015 09:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)