Prime lags after extensive processing
03-14-2015, 02:44 PM
RE: Prime lags after extensive processing
There have been past posts in this forum, where unusual function or command behavior has been described, and getting back to more predictable operation required some form of reset. A likely explanation for this change was that memory had become corrupt.

The exact path followed resulting in those conditions, isn't clearly known, in my experience. Suffice to say that many activities were part of its recent history, and while some worked, others didn't. Gradually, things reached a point where it was obvious that commands were no longer working as expected, and resetting the calc was necessary. It can be a frustrating experience, true enough; but it may be helpful to also bare in mind that performing a reset, when things act up, can be beneficial.

On my Win7 machine, I often use file and registry cleanup utilities, and frequently the overall PC's operation is improved. This garbage collection isn't limited to PC's, and I think it's similar in the case of the Prime. If things aren't readily 'on the step', backup the calc, and consider resetting it. "Restore and Refresh" via the conn kit. It may just improve matters.

Atonement lamentation emphasis DIM(), SIZE(), length():

Code:

EXPORT Exit()
BEGIN
  local a:=MAKELIST(ASC("childish"),X,1,DIM(X),1),
          b:=length(a(1)),
          c:=SIZE(a(1))+1;
   rect_p(G0,15,20,235,155,rgb(255,255,255),rgb(0,0,0));     
   repeat
     textout_p(c-b+".  I must stop being "+char(a(1))+"!",20,20-(c-b*15),3,rgb(255,255,255));      
     b:=b-1;
  until b<1;   
  wait(3);
  return "Reality";
END;
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prime lags after extensive processing - DrD - 03-14-2015 02:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)