Prime lags after extensive processing
03-15-2015, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2015 01:11 PM by bobkrohn.)
RE: Prime lags after extensive processing
I'm not following what you're saying.

I AM having LOTS of difficulty with programming the Prime.
It's only just one of the many issues had to do with Notes and I could replicate it consistently and with a code snippit.
I just have no evidence that the Spreadsheet App itself, in particular, has been acting strange.

Constant crashes, strange behavior and such. Just a few hours ago I went through the whole Factory Reset procedure. Again.
That is the C-F-O-Symb, 4-FLS Format C:, 9-Reset, usbtools, thing to theoretically reset the Flash ROM Firmware to what is is from the factory.
This was after half a day of working with no problems.

The specific problem the machine was having this time (and a few times before) was it was not recognizing LOCAL declared variables and even EXPORTed Sub Routines, There was even a Parameter in the EXPORT line that was tagged as a "problem" when I did a CHECK from the Program Editor. The program ran fine a few hours before and I had not made any changes to that particular program.
In the past, doing the Factory Reset restored full function. It didn't today so far.
I'm stewing right now. Try again tomorrow.

Have not addressed HP directly ????? What???

That's why I am on this Forum. I was hoping to get information. I called HP Tech Support. I have been in contact with Tim Wessman.
I posted a code snippit that consistently replicates that particular problem on both the physical Prime and the Emulator.

Each time I had a contact I asked if maybe I had a lemon and how to get a replacement. No one offered advice on that. The HP website is geared towards warranty issues on printers and computers. It did not recognize the Model number on the back of the Prime. There is no selection in the "Parts Department" for calculators. I found an 800 number for Parts so will try that Monday. Will also call the Tech Support line again.
Amazon where I bought it only has a 30 day return policy. (In the original package. Now long gone anyway)

The abject morons that created the official Getting Started Guide and the big User Manual did not include ANY contact information for Tech Support let alone Warranty/Repair. No phone number, no web address, no nothing or should I say "know nothing".
Really inexcusable.
Check for yourself. Search for the word "warranty" or "repair" or "technical support".
If I worked for HP I would be ashamed of these people.

Don't know if it's foolish but I'm thinking of buying another Prime just to see if I have a lemon. Guess I could stuff my 1st machine into the new package and send it back to Amazon. Hey I like THAT idea.
Shucks, the Amazon price went up from $97 in December to $110 today

Finally. Yes I am a persistent, focused and highly motivated person. That's why I can't let this thing go. I want to solve it and fix it. That's part of being successful in life.
It's a blessing and a curse. I've been that way my whole life.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prime lags after extensive processing - bobkrohn - 03-15-2015 01:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)