Prime lags after extensive processing
03-16-2015, 02:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 02:14 AM by bobkrohn.)
RE: Prime lags after extensive processing
Marcio,
I am not doing the heavy duty type calculations you are doing.
(I even had to look up "heaviside-step" because I had no idea what that was!)

If I am understanding correctly you enter data into your App, push the button and sit back, have a cup of coffee, allowing the machine to crunch away for some period of time.
It finally delivers an answer and you are done.
Mine is more interactive.
The App is for Land Surveying also called Geomatics. The Spreadsheet is used as a database of coordinates for points on the ground (X,Y,Z). Coordinate Geometry.
"Simple" trigonometric calculations are done. No process runs for more that a fraction of a second.
Right now I have probably about 4,000 compressed lines of code (300k +/-)
I was thinking of your situation and thought maybe there is a processor overheating issue? I even thought of that in my case. Almost tried putting it in the refrigerator.

In my App little use is made (so far) of output going to the Terminal Screen.
Use of MSGBOX usually suffices.
However, for some batch processes I wanted to make use of the Notes as a "printer" for later transfer to PC. A formatted record of various output.
Also, more importantly, as a means of transferring the Spreadsheet to/from Excel for example. (as a .CSV comma delimited ASCII text file)

Regarding reset of calculator. I usually do try the simple stuff first.
i.e. ON SYMB, Pin Hole on back, saying a prayer.
If that doesn't clear it up then the more time consuming methods are employed.
I'm going to use one of my old "Netbook" PCs as a portable Backup/Restore device for when I'm away from home.
Crazy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prime lags after extensive processing - bobkrohn - 03-16-2015 02:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)