Prime lags after extensive processing
03-17-2015, 06:44 AM
RE: Prime lags after extensive processing
Hello,

Please understand that I am not trying to 'protect' Prime, I am one of the guys who made the SW and am proud of it, but would not claim that it is perfect...
(if some keys stop working while the other do work, then, most likely there is an issue.)

Anyhow, going back to your motor vehicles analogy:

When you press the breaks (for example because an obstacle arrives, such as a car crossing your road), you expect the thing to break. BUT you also know that if you are going too fast (relatively speaking) and the obstacle is too close, you will NOT be able to break on time...

Same with turning, you do slow down before turn the wheel sharply because you do know that if you do not you will get out of the road...

This is the same with programs, but is far from being as intuitive. They are limits and if you get close (or pass them), danger arises. and sometimes danger can arise very very fast (see how fast factorial maxes out for example)...

I actually had the issue lately with trying to draw arcs, it was not working well, until I realized that the number plugged in where >2Bilion, which is the max limit of an integer... That was of course getting everything to crash...

"Another point here is all the points you made are REASONS but they are not EXCUSES for Prime bad behavior"
I can not make excuses, I can explain the reasons with hope that this will help us work together to fix the problem (which is what I am ultimately interested in).

If you can PM me your program, I will have a look at it and try to see what/why things are not working.

Cyrille

Please do note that I do not speak for HP when speaking here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prime lags after extensive processing - cyrille de brébisson - 03-17-2015 06:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)