Prime lags after extensive processing
03-17-2015, 08:59 AM
RE: Prime lags after extensive processing
Cyrille thanks for the discussion.
The example with ToUpper() is a good one. We saw several sollutions in the thread. Everyone into programming systems but not on the highest level language will have noticed that some are supposed to be a waste of processing power over others. However if it is better to do calculations over a whole list like you do or if looping over it manually performs better is hard to decide if you don't know internal operations going on in the prime.
A passionatly written book would be really helpful and needed. Not only listing all possible commands but spicing them with further explanations and examples. Many people would trade dollars for a didactically

You use L1 in your example. I will open a new thread the next days. I try really hard to get used to your variable system and the confusing balance between home and cas. I really want to understand WHY you chose that road. All built in variable seem to be fully represantitives of a normal object. type(L1) is list e.g. Why do we need name-bound fixed variables. What bebefits do we have? And if only you say it is because we could use given code and save time.... there must have been discussions about that and I really want to understand. The idea of pre sorting all variables in type is great for convenience. But that could also have been realized if no fixed variables were used... I'll think about it open minded and come back to that if that is ok.

Maybe you at HP have problems with cas integration aswell as a curse of the given architecture.. I would not be too surprised which implies no accusation. The decision just could have proved to be bad.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prime lags after extensive processing - Angus - 03-17-2015 08:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)