Prime lags after extensive processing
03-17-2015, 10:01 AM
RE: Prime lags after extensive processing
Did you know that there is already a seller of calculators in Germany who has the following under the HP Prime:
Quote:Achtung ! Bugs bei HP Prime !
Bitte beachten Sie die in Foren beschriebenen Fehler. Geben Sie dazu in Suchmaschinen die Begriffe " HP Prime Bugs" ein. Verkauf mangels Nachfrage eingestellt.
This translates to something like "Be aware the HP Prime has bugs! Check the internet for the described bugs. .... Discontinued due to lack of demand".
I read this before i bought the device, which i need only at home to prepare and learn. The reasons were that bugs get adressed, the device has committed developers which still do development and a community which is able and helpful in answering questions. But what i read here would have stopped me.

To come back to the trucks analogy. The truck driver and for this even a new truck driver knows about the relation between speed and the braking distance. The obstacles in the Prime are not transparent or visible. So either the device has to show us the corners or give an error message instead of producing unpredictable results.

bobkrohn wrote:
Quote: When I see, what to me seem to be, easy fixes that go undone it bothers me.
Ex. the Connectivity Kit Program editor. with NO Search & Replace. My God, not even a Search!
Not even the functionality of Windows NotePad!
I can only sign this. It is not even possible to change the font size. So i have to use the editor of PRIMECOMM which has the functionality i would expect from an editor (plus help on the used functions). This nicely fits together with the updating process which only works with an USB 2 port. If this needs to be the case then it has to be documented.
There are also quite a few bugs in the CAS (normal use). I would really like to have them fixed so a normal student can use the device without the need of a second source to countercheck.

That being said I like my Prime it forced me to learn a lot. Perhaps the learning could in the future be more directed to the things I want/need to learn instead of bugs and workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prime lags after extensive processing - Teresa - 03-17-2015 10:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)