Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
04-12-2015, 01:46 AM
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
(03-27-2015 09:39 AM)JKB Wrote:  Have you tried to build RPL/2 ? I have seen that it runs fine on raspberry PI and some other SoC but I don't have any Edison SoC to test.

I have not been able to get the 'configure' tool to complete successfully; and I don't have an answer yet from RPL/2. I'm getting that bogus error that 'C compiler cannot create executables' from 'configure' for several tools like gnuplot, ncurses, etc. Everything is there and 'should' work, but it doesn't. So, I'm going to post a query on RPL/2 mailing list.

The good news is that I built the entire gcc compiler (enabling c, c++, gfortran) with MPFR, MPC, and GMP in eight hours forty minutes-- ON the Edison! I used the 'SD Card' Spark block (8 gig SD) and partitioned it for /opt, /usr/local, and /home. (works great) I've tested the compiler, and built several of the gnu tools from sources with it (no errors) but... I cannot get the RPL/2 sources to configure. rats.

I'm not giving up; but I'm not putting a real high priority on it either. I need to keep focused on the real project which is producing a collaborative calculator from an postage sized embedded gnu/linux system on a Spark block!

I'll keep you posted on whether the RPL/2 folks have any input on my compile errors. On the other hand, as much of a mess as RPL/2 is, we can probably write our own and make it actually work faster. I am noticing that there are lots of build problems on the net regarding RPL/2; so it may end up being a dead stick.

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal - MarkHaysHarris777 - 04-12-2015 01:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)