Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
04-12-2015, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 06:15 AM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
(04-12-2015 03:31 AM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  
Instructions for installing RPL/2 on the Raspberry Pi

Thanks Thomas! I am actually doing almost precisely what you have detailed with a couple of exceptions; I was trying to install 4.1.20... and at some point they went to autogen.sh to create configure. Hence:
./autogen.sh
.configure <with options>
make
make install <as root>
I have all of the prereqs you listed except libxt/ I have bison (yacc), flex, gfortran &c. Of course the Intel Edison does not have an X11 interface (hoping to use ncurses, since its supported) and the most frustrating thing is that before it tells me the compiler does not work it uses the compiler extensively to check out the compiler functions!
What I suspect is that there is a setting (I've already checked -m32 and -m64) that is forcing the compiler to generate cross compilation for a toolchain not on the Edison; I just can't find it if its there. The 'configure' runs forever (looking great by the way) and just before its almost done it throws up its hands with 'C compiler cannot create executables' for tools/gnuplot! What is really hilarious about that is that I actually used the 'same' compiler to build gnuplot from sources without any errors earlier today AND I've told the configure program to --disable-embedded-gnuplot!

<sigh>
PS ... I mean, it may be that if the X stuff is not there, its not going to run; which would be short sighted for the RPL/2 people to assume that RPL needs an X11 interface! Of course, there is no reason we cannot give the Edison an X11 'virtual' interface and access it via VNC! ... aah more things to add to the list;

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal - MarkHaysHarris777 - 04-12-2015 05:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)