Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
04-12-2015, 09:38 PM
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
(04-12-2015 06:33 PM)koendv Wrote:  . . . for a calculator I would want something somewhat smaller. Have you taken a look at micropython?

Yes. Its on my back-burner, so to speak, and I don't have one yet to evaluate. It will not handle what I have planned for the Edison, I'm afraid; however, it is particularly suited as a science-station peripheral controller. I am particularly impressed with its ADC / DAC and the work that has gone into the Python classes to control the real-world connections. The timers are fabulous, and the board has a small form factor; however, by the time you add headers its really not as small as it first appears.
My calculator 'board' is going to have the keybuttons surface mounted (along with support chips and LCD) front side, and the Edison Hirose connector and lithium bats backside. It should all fit in a case the size of the HP35s maybe slightly larger (but not much).
The next edition of the Edison firmware will support the MCU on-board, and its Linux SoC is truly an OS with dual core 500Mhz / pretty unbeatable ; I have not seen anything yet that tops it.
I think the Py-Board is going to give the Arduino folks a run for their money for sure... and I am going to consider using it as a peripheral controller.

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal - MarkHaysHarris777 - 04-12-2015 09:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)