HP Prime: The Logic of Purchasing
03-31-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: HP Prime: The Logic of Purchasing
(03-31-2015 09:06 AM)Gerald H Wrote:  ... What I'm angling at is the discrepancy between the justifications of the Prime's limitations & the incredible difficulty of getting the machine to articuate my wishes agreeably.

Thinking out loud: Perhaps this is because your wishes (and mine) differ from the wishes of the targeted customers (students). Our wishes include understanding Prime well enough to make it do any mathematical task that springs to mind. In other words, we are trying to wrap our brains around Prime. But only a vanishingly tiny percent of students wish to wrap their brains around anything. (Harsh but true.) Their only wish for Prime is to use it to do that night's homework. That involves using no more nor less than the Prime's functionality demonstrated for them by the teacher the day before. So, getting Prime to articulate their wishes is trivial ... which is the opposite of your and my experience.

Disclaimer: The above was my opinion when I wrote it, but might no longer be my opinion by time you read it, since learning never stops.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime: The Logic of Purchasing - Joe Horn - 03-31-2015 09:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)